This seminar will explore the potential for open educational resources (OER) as a tool for delivering curriculum to meet Mongolia’s emerging needs. We will consider the following:
• What are open educational resources (OER) and how can you find them?
• How are OER created and shared?
• Can the creation and use of reusable learning resources in the teaching and learning environment assist in achieving the expected learning outcomes of curricula revisions in Mongolia?
• What policy considerations require addressing to ensure the acceptability of OER as a means of transforming the curriculum into a rich teaching and learning experience?
• What training is required for teachers and faculty for creating and reusing OER, and by learners in using them?
• What are the cost and benefit metrics associated with creating and delivering courses through an OER environment?
Time and Venue:
Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 9.00-16.30
Venue: Khan Palace Kempinski Hotel
9.00 - 9.20 Registration
9.20 - 9.30 Opening remarks
Maria Ng Lee Hoon, Senior Program Specialist, IDRC
9.30 – 11.10 What are open educational resources?
• How can technology play a role in transforming curriculum
• Introducing OER concepts
• Break-out discussion
11.10-11.30 Coffee break
11.30-13.30 How could an OER strategy be implemented for Mongolia?
• Case studies of OER implementation – country and jurisdictional scenarios
• Creating indigenous OERs - what needs to be addressed
• Implementing an OER strategy
14.30-16.30 What information is required to design a supportive environment to develop an OER culture in Mongolia?
Break out discussion and summary
DREAM IT project participants, the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science of Mongolia and representatives of relevant Government agencies, education and business sector - up to 60 people.
NovemBer 08 - *Хэдэн өдрийн өмнө орсон цас нилдээ шалбааг болох нь болоод хөлдөх нь хөлдөж гөлгөр болон хувирч өглөө эрт харан ажваас толь мэт замаар мөлхөж харагдах ши...
4 months ago